Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    Driver Steals N10M Worth Of Beer, Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness

    Image result for Driver Steals N10M Worth Of Beer, Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness
    The police in Lagos have arrested a man, Dominic Nege, for allegedly diverting 143 crates of Trophy beer worth over N10 million.

    Nege works as a driver at Rabel Nigeria Limited, a distributor for International Breweries Plc, the manufacturers of Trophy beer.

    According to the police, he was sent to the Mammy Market in Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, with the products but allegedly moved to an unknown destination and switched off his mobile phone.

    The Mitsubishi truck used in conveying the products was also not found. His employer, Jacob Audu, filed a report about the missing truck which led to an investigation and a search for the suspect.

    The police said their investigation showed that Nege supplied a fake address in the profile he submitted to his employer. Also, the address of his guarantor was fake.

    On June 11, the suspect was arrested in Makurdi, Benue State. After his arrest, he led the policemen to Sangotedo area of Ibeju Lekki where he abandoned the Mitsubishi truck after he disposed of the goods.

    Upon interrogation by journalists on Wednesday, Mr. Nege said he decided to divert the goods after his employer refused to pay his agreed salary.

    “The husband agreed to pay me N45,000 but after I started, the wife told me they can only pay me N35,000 per month. This made me divert the goods.

    I sold off the goods to buyers, I told them the company is doing promo, buy five then get one free. I also sold at the rate of N1,800 per crate.

    Many of them did not pay me immediately, saying they had no money then. I sold 89 crates to one man but he only paid N30,000 for the first payment.

    I was arrested inside a church in Benue State. I was in the church to pray for forgiveness and confess to the pastor because I did not have peace of mind.“

    No comments

    Clicks

    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry
    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad