Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    I Was The First To Set Up Security Trust Fund, First To Pay #18,000 Minimum Wage- Sanwo -Olu

    The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorsip candidate in Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has clarified insinuations that he came out from nowhere to seek the governorsip seat, saying he has been in government circle for about 17 years.
    Sanwo-Olu beat incumbent governor, Akinwumi Ambode to pick the APC ticket and he will contest the March 3 governorsip election in the state.
    Featuring on Channels Television current affairs programme, Sanwo-Olu narrated how as a Commissioner of Establishment, Training, and Pensions, he made groundbreaking policy and interventions, noting that he started the first pension commission anywhere in Nigeria.
    He also said he was the first to pay N18,000 as minimum wage to public servants before the federal government adopted it as national minimum wage.
    The APC flagbearer went on to disclose role he played in the set up of security trust fund and LAGBUS during the administration of Raji Fashola as Lagos state governor.
    “I was the one that set up the security trust fund, a lot of people don’t know that the first tenure of BRF, within the first two months, with all of the contacts I have in the private sector, we got all of the bank MDs, we raised over 260 vehincles in the first six months,” he said.
    “I ran the security trust fund before my dear uncle, Makanjuola, became the chairman, I brought out the blueprint.
    “Secondly, I started LAGBUS, I registered LAGBUS, I wasn’t commissioner of transport. We went to Cairo, we did a 200-bus procurement off-balance sheet, meaning that without any recourse to government.
    “I started the first pension commission in this country, even before the federal government started their own commission. I was the first person that paid the first N18,000 minimum wage before even the federal government paid theirs.”
    Dismissing conclusion that his emergence as APC candidate in Lagos state was controversial, Sanwo-Olu said those complaining can’t cry more than the bereaved.
    “I really don’t know what controversy you are talking about,” he reacted to the anchor question, adding that “You cannot cry more than the bereaved.
    Reacting to the time he showed interest in the governorship race, Sanwo-Olu said “You cannot start a race until when INEC say you start the race.”
    “You can not start an agenda of politics if the right atmosphere is not ripe. There is no need for me raising my hand two-three years ago, if there is no vacancy, if there is no means, if there is no time that says that this is time for you to start.It was when they said we should start that I started. 
    “It is just that all of us need to take it out of our blocked brains that if you don’t know somebody and you now know somebody, you would be wondering where does this guy appear from?
    “I have always been there. I have done a lot of firsts, firsts, first, which are not directly attributable to me but which we need to bring out now.”

    No comments

    Clicks

    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry
    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad