Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    THE DEVIL INSIDE: Episode 2


    The next day at the office, the receptionist I met there wasn’t the one I was familiar with
    Receptionist: Good morning ma’am. Welcome to Johnsons group of company, how many I help you?
    Tara: I am here to see your boss Imelda

    Receptionist: Do you have an appointment with her?
    Tara: No …. Tell her, her sister Tara is here to see her
    Receptionist: I’m sorry ma’am you will have to book an appointment to see her and I don’t think that will be today cos her schedule is very tight
    Tara:(laughing) didn’t you hear what I just said? I said I am her sister Tara. So now I need to book an appointment to meet my sister? Interesting
    Receptionist: That’s the rule ma
    Tara: KEEP QUIET ! (I yelled at her) you know what ….I don’t have business with you. Excuse me
    I left her alone and made my way to Imelda’s office
    Receptionist:ma’am please you can’t go in
    Tara: Out of my way or I’ll slap you

    I helped myself with the door and luckily for me she was in
    Imelda: Tara
    Tara: Yes it is me Tara. Surprised right?
    Imelda: Shade you can go back to your post now.
    Tara how are you (coming to hug me)
    Tara: Oh please just hold it right there. Imelda what exactly is going on? First you stopped calling me for more than a year. I kept calling and texting you never picked or even reply to my text. Do you know how worried I was?
    Went to the house yesterday and I was told the house has been sold. Uncle Leye has also left the company what exactly is wrong sis?
    Imelda: Tara please sit and let me explain.
    Tara: Okay explain…. I’m listening
    Imelda: Tara after you went back to America, it wasn’t easy for me in that house all by myself. While trying to keep all that belongs to you and I, I almost lost my life. The family members waged a war against me. They tried to take away all that our parent left for you and I
    Tara: why would they? Dad made his will before he left…. So why would any family member want to take away what belongs to us?
    Imelda: They claimed it all belong to you and I don’t have a share of it
    Tara: what is that suppose to mean? I’m lost
    Imelda: I promised mum and dad never to say this, but I am left with no option. Tara I am not your biological sister. Mr & Mrs Johnson are not my real parent. They both gave me a shelter in their home and made me a part of their family since childhood.(crying)
    Tara: Imelda what are you saying to me? I am confused….. You are not my biological sister….. But how is that even possible?
    Imelda: That’s the truth dear. Mum and Dad loved me so dearly and didn’t make me feel I wasn’t theirs. Tara no matter what anyone says, I am your sister and I will always remain your sister. Mum left you in my care before she passed on and I will never break the promise I made to her. You are my baby sister
    Tara: (in tears) Imelda still all this isn’t a reason for you to sell our father’s house. All the memories of our late parent are in that house. Why didn’t you call to inform me about any of this? Was it because you thought I was also going to stand against you?
    Imelda: No Tara….it is not like that. I didn’t wantu disturb you over there. I didn’t want you to lose focus. About the house I really regret selling but what can I do about it now….. I am so sorry Tara
    Tara: Imelda it is okay…. What about uncle Leye, he told me about the company
    Imelda: Hmmmmm …. Uncle Leye is nothing but a cheat and a fraud. He wanted to take over all Dad’s property. He is nothing but a devil in disguise
    Tara: No …. Uncle Leye is not like that. He is Dad’s only brother, he is our well wisher
    Imelda: All of that was a pretense dear. Let us leave the past behind and start a new world of our own. Just me and you. I have missed you alot and pls forgive me for all my wrongs
    Tara: Please stop crying…. Facing all of this alone must have been really tough.
    Imelda: Where are you staying?
    Tara: Uncle Leye’s house
    Imelda: You are coming with me to my house. one more thing Tara, I am married
    Tara: Excuse me! You are married? When and to who?
    Imelda: I am sorry I didn’t inform you about it pls forgive me. It was too sudden. When all this problem started, you weren’t around he was the only one there for me. I was so lonely.
    Tara: Okay I understand but who is the guy in question
    Imelda: Wale….
    Tara: Wale… Wale…. From your secondary school?
    Imelda:(smiles) Yes… While I was fighting back for dad’s property, I met him. He is now a lawyer
    Tara: Wow….. Am so happy for you sis
    Imelda: Thanks love.

    Imelda left the office early, we went to Uncle Leye’s house to get my stuffs. No one was around so I just left a note telling him I already knew everything and I will be going with my sister.
    ************
    Wale: Welcome love….. How was your day it was fine and yours?
    Imelda: It was great dear. I am so happy
    Wale: Really …. whats the gist?
    Tara: Hi
    Wale: Tara?
    Imelda: You know her?
    Wale: Yes I do. Omotara Johnson the photo blogger.
    Tara:(surprised) sorry am lost… You even know me by my full name? How is that possible only mum calls me that
    Wale: Gosh! Imelda, is she Tara your baby sister studying abroad?
    Imelda: Yes she is
    Wale: Omg! I can’t believe this, I’ve been chatting with my sister in law all this while….. Wow what a small world we live in. I am CHOCOLATE on your fan page
    Tara: Wow really….. Imelda I Can’t believe this. So chocolate is my brother in law(We all laughed)
    Wale: It soooo nice to finally meet you in person

    It was nice reuniting with my sister and brother in law even though I wasn’t completely happy. We laughed and joked all through the night. When everyone was asleep, I needed to share how I was feeling on the inside with somebody then I called Funmi
    Funmi: Hello dear…. Have been expecting your call for 2days now
    Tara: I’m sorry girlfriend. A lot has happened here. I needed to settle down and reunite with my sister. Sorry for not calling you.
    Funmi: How is Imelda?
    Tara: She is fine…. Thank God. Funmi I don’t think I am fine. For the first time I feel so hurt from inside
    Funmi: Tara what is wrong?
    Tara: You know chocolate right?
    Funmi: Your crush or should I say the lover you’ve been dreaming to meet since
    Tara: Yes Funmi…. I finally met him in person
    Funmi: Really…. How was your meeting with him? Give me full gist dear
    Tara: It was bad . His real name is Wale and he is my brother in law. Imelda’s husband
    Funmi: jeez….. Girlfriend I think it is time you let go of your feelings for him.
    Tara: Yes I want to but it hurt. Have always wanted to meet him but not like this. Funmi I am heartbroken
    Funmi: I understand. He is not the one for you dear. You have to accept this and just move on
    Tara: Okay a lot has happened with Imelda and I can’t snatch what is hers away. Thanks a lot dear. I feel relieved after talking to you. Bye talk to you later
    Funmi: Okay bye…. Take care of yourself

    Getting to know chocolate was Wale my sister’s husband hurts. I guess it id time I let go of my feelings for him and focus more on my career.

    Missed previous episode? Read here
    To be continued…….

    A STORY BY: FADARE OLUWABUSAYO

    No comments

    Clicks

    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry
    Click here to chat with us on whatsapp for any enquiry

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad